DRiVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Elegant writing that challenges the common held belief that leading people is all about Carrots and Sticks. Now I understand how I set sales records for Kelly Services back in the day, when I didn’t have commission, or significant bonus or incentives.
- Our Book Club Selection this Friday. http://in-synkdrive.eventbrite.com
Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd. by Youngme Moon.
- I’m only about twenty pages into it right now. A more meaningful and detailed version of Blue Ocean Strategy.
- Biggest takeway right now is that strenghtening your company to be well rounded (pretty good at everything, fixing your weaknesses) hurts you strategically. Makes you part of the herd, which is what everyone else is always doing.
- Much more in this book than I anticipated. A HBS professor that makes sense?!. Will be doing a book club of this somehow somewhere sometime.